Shiirleyy's Bookshelf has migrated to Dear Shirley ! I will continue to post book reviews but there will also be a lot of personal and travel-related posts :)

Top Ten Tuesday - TBR list for Winter (SUMMER!)

29 Nov 2011

 
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish!




This week's topic: TBR List for Winter (or Summer here in Australia!)

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi!
I have this one sitting on my shelf right now! Apparently it's AMAZING, so I'm definitely going to read this one soon!



Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
So um...who ISN'T looking forward to this? I can't wait till December 6th! I NEED MORE WILL/JEM.





Fated by Sarah Alderson
So looking forward to this one! I LOVED Sarah's HUNTING LILA which was released earlier this year! FANTASTIC book! This one will be out Jan/Feb! 





Cinder by Marissa Meyer
A retelling of Cinderella? DEFINITELY ON MY TBR shelf! I love retellings, especially CINDERELLA AND it's set in BEIJING. I.WANT.THIS.NOW.




The Gathering Storm by Robin Bridges
This seems like the perfect novel for winter ehh? I love historical fiction, and I only just studied Russia a few months ago in Modern History, so it'll be interesting to read a historical YA set in Russia!





The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe 
DYSTOPIAN!!! (How exciting!!) I'll be reading this closer to Jan! Sounds like an awesome book!






Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
SO looking forward to its release on Valentines Day!





Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate
First off, how gorgeous is the cover?!?! I didn't know about this until the cover was revealed, and based on the cover alone, I'm definitely going to read this! It's basically a series of love stories featuring the characters of Fallen..i,e, Daniel & Luce, Arianne, Roland..






The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
This sounds like such a heart-warming story! 







Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood 
WITCHES!!! I need to read more stories featuring witches! Oh, and I love the cover too!










8 comments:

  1. Oh yeah! I saw it at Big W - it was so cheap!!! Publishers sent it for review :) Aww LUCKY! Have you read SPoLaFS yet? ( sorry, bad abbreviation!) I've heard it's really good <3 Hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the list! You've got Under the never sky already? Did you get it in Big W? I got The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight at my shelves!! Can't wait to read it!! I am also dying to read Fallen in Love!!! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For that one, did you ask it again or did they just send it to you directly? Really? In Big W? Well I have gotta check it out! I haven't read it yet but when I do, I'll definitely keep you posted! ;)

    I also have a giveaway for my 50 followers!! Finally reached it! You're very welcome to join!
    http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com/2011/11/50-followers-giveaway-blood-bound-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a lot of good books on your list. A few I forgot too!

    My Top Ten if you'd like to take a look: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/11/top-ten-books-on-my-tbr-list-for-winter.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. GO READ UNDER THE NEVER SKY. GO. GO. GO. GO. GO *using my crazy intense powers of persuasion*

    Soo excited for Fated, Article 5 and Born Wicked in particular! And I can't waitto see both Arriane and Roland's love stories in Fallen In Love. Cinder is SO GOOD. And I'll hopefully be starting The Way We Fall soon, too - hope we enjoy it!

    Now that you've made me all hot and heavy for these swoony books, I'm going to have sweet dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover for "Born Wicked" makes me want to read it now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh! I hadn't heard of The Way We Fall! *adds to list* That's my favorite part of the weekly memes; finding out about new books! Great list! Enjoy!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cinder, The Gathering Storm and Born Wicked all look fabulous to me! The covers look awesome, the titles intrigue me, and the storylines sound fabulous! Thanks for sharing. Happy reading!

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :) Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section; I appreciate all comments left here!
If you have a blog, I'll be sure to visit it and comment back(I love finding new blogs so feel free to leave a link!)
Thank you & have a nice day