Shiirleyy's Bookshelf has migrated to Dear Shirley ! I will continue to post book reviews but there will also be a lot of personal and travel-related posts :)

In My Mailbox #13

12 Nov 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, which allows bloggers to share what books they've borrowed, received in the mail or bought in the past week.


Publishers:
Smoulder (The Space Between) by Brenna Yovanoff (Thank you Simon &Schuster!)
Demons? Angels? DEFINITELY EXCITED TO READ THIS! I love the cover as well <3 I haven't read The Replacement, so I've no idea what Yovanoff's writing's like, but I'm looking forward to finding out!

Netgalley:
Slide by Jill Hathaway (Thank you HarperCollins Aus.!)
This one sounds really interesting! The main character can apparently 'slide' into somebody else's mind and experience the world from their point of view! So excited to read this <#

Hushed by Kelley York (Thank you Entangled Publishing!)
This sounds like a dark, deep & unforgettable book! & from reading a lot of reviews, definitely heart-wrenching as well! Can't wait to read this! 

So, that's all I got this week :)
What did you receive in your mailbox?

12 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to read Yovanoff's book, The Replacement but I haven't! Smoulder's cover is just gorgeous! And yeah, I actually bought Angel Fire in Big W and was really shocked. You should read Angel! I can't wait to read Half-Blood too! I love the summary a lot! You also have to read Saving June! I'm currently reading it and so far, it's really good!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and enjoy reading too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be waiting for my Penguin package! Hoping to get the books you've all received these past 2 weeks ;) If not, I think I might have to have a word with Tina :P

    Here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Awesome books. Smoulder looks amazing and I've heard some weird things about Slide. Thanks for stopping by!

    Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower, Smolder sounds like my kind of book i'm familiar with Brenna Yavanoff's writing. But honestly its been awhile since i read The replacement but i'd say she's pretty good. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books this week, I think Hushed looks amazing and I have requested it from Netgalley. I hope you enjoy your books this week.

    Check out my IMM here.

    Emma @ LostinaYAbook

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's Raining books7 September 2012 at 18:55

    Slide sounds very interesting. I may have to try it.

    Here's my Post

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smoulder definitely looks intriguing. Might have to make a note of that one. I picked up Clive Barker's Abarat yesterday and I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. I still prefer the dark fairytale nature of The Thief of Always but that may change once I finish the Abarat series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smoulder's been on my TBR list for a while so I was excited to get a copy from S&S too, although I've read the Replacement and wasn't that much of a fan. I found Brenna Yovanoff's writing to be sound, but I just couldn't connect with the characters. Hope Smoulder is different :/

    Rachel @ The Rest Is Still Unwritten

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessica@a GREAT read7 September 2012 at 18:56

    OOh nice! Haven't heard of these but hope you enjoy them all!

    My IMM goes up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh nice haul! I'm on the book tour for Hushed I'm really excited to read it doesn't it sound great!? :)

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aweome haul!!! =9 I cant wait for The Space Between!!! sooo creepy and romantic =9
    Happy reading!
    Dazzling Reads

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've started reading Smoulder and liking it so far! The synopsis has me TOTALLY intrigued too. I love anything with angels and demons <3 Very interested in reading your thoughts on both Slide and Hushed, they sound fantastic! Love the idea for Slide and Hushed sounds INTENSE.

    Happy reading, Shirley! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :) Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section; I appreciate all comments left here!
If you have a blog, I'll be sure to visit it and comment back(I love finding new blogs so feel free to leave a link!)
Thank you & have a nice day