Shiirleyy's Bookshelf has migrated to Dear Shirley ! I will continue to post book reviews but there will also be a lot of personal and travel-related posts :)

In My Mailbox #12

6 Nov 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, which allows bloggers to share what books they've borrowed, received in the mail or bought in the past week.



From Publishers: (Thank you Pan Macmillan!)
Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
Mythology? Paranormal Romance? I've been lusting after thus since FOREVER. I was so excited when I saw this on my doorstep! Can't wait to dive into this :)

Ashes by Ilsa J.Bick
Another Dystopian fiction! I'm currently in love with dystopian & post-apocalyptic novels, so I'm definitely looking forward to reading this! 


Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
I already own a copy of this book, so this will go up on my to-swap list.Oh, and if haven't read the VA series, READ IT NOW.!

Swap:
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
YAY!!! I can FINALLY finish the Hunger Games trilogy now! I don't know how I've managed to wait this long after that killer cliff-hanger at the end of Catching Fire! Unfortunately so many people who've read the book were disappointed with the ending - was it THAT bad? Ah well, I'm still super excited to finish this series!

What did you get in your mailbox? :)

14 comments:

  1. haha yes! It was definitely my fav as well! Love Dimitri + Rose <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just realized this was the last book. Well that one was my fav! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome IMM! Absolutely loved Starcrossed & Ashes! And of course the last books in the VA & Hunger Games series are epic as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mailbox! Loved Last Sacrifice and Starcrossed. I was unfortunately one of those "Mockingjay's ending sucked" people... Hope you enjoyed Ashes! :)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope you love Mockingjay! I know opinions are divided, but I absolutely loved it. It's a war book - it's emotional and it's brilliantly written. Make sure you have tissues ready! ;( LET ME KNOW YOUR THOUGHTS AS YOU READ!

    Oooh can't wait to see what you think of Ashes, hear amazing things about that! <3 AWESOME mailbox, enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. VA is definitely one of my fav series as well!! Greek mythology-it's what initially drew me to this book! Glad to hear you liked it!!

    Yes, and Ashes too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica@a GREAT read7 September 2012 at 18:56

    OOh nice! Just read Starcrossed not that long ago. It was long, but still pretty good. And Last Sacrifice was awesome! A great conclusion to Rose's story! Hope you enjoy ALL your new reads!

    Here's my IMM

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh, Hunger Games! I hope you'll enjoy it. And I can't wait to read Starcrossed myself. Great IMM!

    Thanks for stopping by Kindle Fever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh! I loved Starcrossed! It was epic--can't wait for book 2. And Ashes was really great also. Enjoy!

    Rachel @ The Rest Is Still Unwritten

    ReplyDelete
  10. Becky @ Stories & Sweeties7 September 2012 at 18:56

    Starcrossed is awesome! I got so attached to the characters in that book! I love the AU cover of Ashes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see!! Thanks! Enjoy reading!! Waiting for your reviews to see what you think of Starcrossed and Mockingjay!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, nice!
    I still need to read Ashes, though it's been on my wishlist for a while. I hope you enjoy all of them :)

    My IMM

    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Vampire Academy! I really enjoyed that series! Hope you like Rose and Dimitri! :D

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great IMM!! Starcrossed is very very good! I love Greek mythology so I really enjoyed the book. Have seen Ashes in bookstore but haven't read it. Can't wait for your review. Yes! VA is such an amazing series! And Mockingjay, woohoo! A very thrilling conclusion to the Hunger Game series! Enjoy reading :)

    P.S: Did you request Starcrossed from Pan Macmillan as well?

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :) Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section; I appreciate all comments left here!
If you have a blog, I'll be sure to visit it and comment back(I love finding new blogs so feel free to leave a link!)
Thank you & have a nice day