Welcome to my stop as part of the promotional blog tour for Dark Seeker by Taryn Browning! Today, Taryn will be sharing with you some writing tips for aspiring YA authors! There will also be an ebook giveaway of Dark Seeker at the end of the post, so stay tuned :D (And trust me, you'll want to read this- it is an incredible book!)
Find Dark Seeker:
~Writing Tips for Aspiring YA Authors Guest Post~
Thank you for having me on your blog to talk about writing tips for aspiring YA authors. After writing my first novel, I learned quickly that becoming an author isn’t just about writing a good book. I’ve included a list of 10 things I’ve learned over the years.
1. It is important to write what you love and it will show through your work.
2. Keep improving your craft and writing stories, even if you are in the query or submission
process. Just like anything else in life, the more you practice the better you get.
3. Find a critique partner and beta readers who are going to look at your work with a critical eye
and be open to making changes to your manuscript.
4. Read, read, read!!
5. Create a facebook “like” page for your writing and sign up for a twitter account so that you
can start making connections within the reading and writing community.
6. Establish a domain name and set up a website to highlight your writing and give potential
readers information about your books and yourself as a writer. Also, include your contact
information, including an e-mail address and links to your facebook, blog, and twitter addresses.
7. Use blogging sites like Wordpress or Blogger to create your own blog.
8. Stay open to anything. Even though I’m represented by an agent, I am also self-publishing
a series. I think authors are starting to dip their feet into both the traditional and self-publishing
worlds. The industry is ever-changing.
9. Getting published is a marathon, not a sprint, unless you get really lucky. Get your name out
there. With social media there are so many connections you can make in the reading/writing
world. I love talking with other writers, readers and bloggers. I learn so much from them and feel
like I’ve made wonderful friendships and gained an invaluable support system.
10. Most of all, never give up on your passion to write. There is no better feeling than sharing
your stories with others.
One lucky person will win an ebook copy of Dark Seeker! Like I said above, trust me, you definitely MUST read this!! To enter, simply leave a comment with your name and email address！Giveaway will end 31st December.
Also, I will be posting my review of Dark Seeker on 29th Dec., so drop by if you want to know what I thought of this beauty!
The Next Stop will be at A Tale Of Many Reviews .