Shiirleyy's Bookshelf has migrated to Dear Shirley ! I will continue to post book reviews but there will also be a lot of personal and travel-related posts :)

Waiting On Wednesday #20

16 Jan 2013

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine , that spotlights upcoming        releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Some Quiet Place
by Kelsey Sutton
Published by Flux
on July 8th 2013


 I can’t weep. I can’t fear. I’ve grown talented at pretending. 

 Elizabeth Caldwell doesn’t feel emotions . . . she sees them. Longing, Shame, and Courage materialize around her classmates. Fury and Resentment appear in her dysfunctional home. They’ve all given up on Elizabeth because she doesn’t succumb to their touch. All, that is, save one—Fear. He’s intrigued by her, as desperate to understand the accident that changed Elizabeth’s life as she is herself. 

 Elizabeth and Fear both sense that the key to her past is hidden in the dream paintings she hides in the family barn. But a shadowy menace has begun to stalk her, and try as she might, Elizabeth can barely avoid the brutality of her life long enough to uncover the truth about herself. When it matters most, will she be able to rely on Fear to save her?

If that eerie but stunning cover isn't enough to pique your interest, then the first sentience will certainly have you desperately aching to own a copy of this already! I, for one, immediately added this on GR when I read the blurb- it gives off this mysterious vibe and oh gosh, FEAR! I haven't met him, but I have a feeling I'll be falling for him...after all, his name is AWESOME. 

What are you waiting on this week?

13 comments:

  1. I love the cover on this. It sounds fantastic too. Nice pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know if any of the Aussie publishers have picked this up as Flux if remember correctly is an American publisher.
    Here's mine

    ReplyDelete
  3. This grabbed me, and I'm eager to know more. Enjoy! And thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh nice! Haven't heard of this one but the cover is absolutely amazing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! I can't believe I haven't heard of this one yet, but I am adding it to my TBR! It sounds so different! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHY have I not heard about this one?!? It sounds fantastic and what a an amazing cover as well!

    Thank you so much for sharing, Great pick!

    Gabby~
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds amazing... and it doesn't hurt that the cover is beautiful too! But July?? :( I hope Flux will put this up on NetGalley or something. I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not come across this book before. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention. Happy Reading! Here is my WoW for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW. WOW OW WO WOW WOOOOW. Shirley.
    I've never heard of this or seen it before. But... but but but... THAT SYNOPSIS. AND COVER... AND... oh, I WANT. I am INTRIGUED.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could that cover be any more stunning Shirley? I'm madly in love with it and need this book on my shelf simply so I can stare at it:) The blurb sounds amazing as well though, so there's just no way I can't not read this. WANT!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yes Shirley the cover is stunning but so eerie! I think I need this book right away too, my interest has been sparked by the blurb alone, but there's still so much that I'm desperate to know! Great pick Shirley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, this sounds so good, and the cover is absolutely stunning! Can't wait to read this, now. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :) Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section; I appreciate all comments left here!
If you have a blog, I'll be sure to visit it and comment back(I love finding new blogs so feel free to leave a link!)
Thank you & have a nice day