Shiirleyy's Bookshelf has migrated to Dear Shirley ! I will continue to post book reviews but there will also be a lot of personal and travel-related posts :)

Showcase Sunday 27-01-13

27 Jan 2013

Showcase Sunday is a weekly meme hosted by Vicky @ Books, Biscuits and Bites. Inspired by Pop Culture Junkie and The Story Siren, the aim of this meme is to showcase our newest books!

A very small book haul this week, but a fantastic one nonetheless :) 



Apollyon by Jennifer L. Armentrout
APOLLYON! AHDSAUHDUIHAD MY LIFE IS OFFICIALLY COMPLETE. I haven't been able to read much unfortunately since I've been glued to the TV watching Australian Open :) Usually it's books > tennis but...I never miss the Aussie Open finals soooo...Apollyon will have to wait :P But I've already started and it's AMAZING at the moment! I just...hate Seth so much :/ 

Smitten: Unlucky Break by Kate Forster
This is a new YA/New Adult series published by Hardie Grant Egmont. I think there will be 3 more books in the Smitten series coming out soon :) I finished reading this yesterday, and it was surprisingly very enjoyable! I can't wait for the next 3 books<3

A massive thank you to Spencer Hill Press and Hardie Grant Egmont for the above awesomeness<3

What did you receive in your mailbox? Leave links!

16 comments:

  1. So extremely jealous! I reallly need Apollyon! Hope you enjoy it!

    Nikki H @ Take Me Away...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smitten looks super cute! I'll have to check it out! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh very nice! I thoroughly enjoyed Apollyon! Hope you do too!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHIRLEY. SHIRLEY.

    AIDEN AIDEN AIDEN OMG I'M SO DS;JF;ADFKGJDLF;LDS/JKANFSD *MAKES GRABBING MOTIONS*

    SETH CAN GO DIE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I say this all the time but I seriously need to read one of Jennifer L. Armentrout's books. I feel like I'm missing out on something special. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Apollyon! Yay! I just started reading my copy, but I don't want it to be over too soon! :D Can't wait to compare thoughts. And it's funny you mention the Australian Open. My family have been obsessed about it recently. :D

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't started the Covenant series! :( That and The Lux series have been hyped a lot and it gets me down every time with the amount of books I still need to read. I may I say that cover, of Apollyon is gorgeous. Oooh Tennis, I love it, I've been trying to keep up with it. Go Murray for me! :D

    Happy Reading.

    P.S I don't have a Showcase but I do have a Giveaway and Interview of Blink Once if your interested! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen Smitten before, glad to you like it :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everyone I know has been receiving Apollyon, I was meant to start that series over Christmas but epically failed right there, but I hope you enjoy it Shirley. Also Smitten sounds like a great read too, look forward to reading your review on it! Enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG.

    I think I just died.

    Have fun reading Apollyon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh lucky you!!! Hope you enjoy reading both of them! Looking forward to your reviews!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  12. APOLLYON SHIRLEY! *dies* I need you to read it immediately and post a review so I can live vicariously through your words and spend time with Aiden and Alex. I think if this book ends in a cliffhanger, I might die. The last one practically gave me an ulcer. SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't began reading that series by JLA but I'm totally going to soon! Also, Unlucky Break sounds like a cute book. Enjoy =D

    Here's my Book Haul post.

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  14. Apollyon!! I have it too and I can't wait to pick it up. I hear it doesn't end on a cliffhanger, so yay! Enjoy, Shirley. Of course after your Aussie tennis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read anything from JLA, but I'm planning to change that soon. Awesome haul and happy reading :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really need to read this series--the amount of excitement that surrounds each book's release is just infectious! Happy for you, hope you enjoy it. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :) Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section; I appreciate all comments left here!
If you have a blog, I'll be sure to visit it and comment back(I love finding new blogs so feel free to leave a link!)
Thank you & have a nice day