Shiirleyy's Bookshelf has migrated to Dear Shirley ! I will continue to post book reviews but there will also be a lot of personal and travel-related posts :)

Waiting on Wednesday #19

22 Feb 2012

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine , that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Author: Kat Zhang
Publisher: HarperTeen
Expected Release Date: September 18th 2012

NEVER LET ME GO meets HIS DARK MATERIALS in a beautiful, haunting YA debut, the first book in The Hybrid Trilogy.

Eva and Addie live in a world where everyone is born with two souls, but where only the dominant one is allowed to survive childhood. Fifteen years old, and closer even than twins, the girls are keeping Eva, the ‘second soul’, a secret. They know that it’s forbidden to be hybrid, but how could they ever be apart?

When a dramatic event reveals what really happens to hybrids if they are discovered, Eva and Addie face a dangerous fight for survival, neither wanting to be the one left behind…


Oohhh this sounds like a completely original and EPIC read. Wow, everyone is born with TWO souls? I've never read anything like this before! Ahhh SO EXCITED FOR THIS <3

What are you waiting on this week?

10 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting and I'd never heard of it before now! I am waiting on so many books, most of my to-read list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover for this one is absolutely gorgeous and the premise sounds really interesting as well. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. loved that cover and synops. Havent heard of it but ill def add this on my list, great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, I love it! Sounds like an amazing read. Added it to my TBR (:

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. ORIGNAL. EPIC. I COULD NOT HAVE SAID IT BETTER. WANT. WANT. WANT. WANT. WANT. Two souls, trapped in one body? SO eager to see how this is written. This has the potential to be fracking amazing!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh. This one sounds like it would be a FANTASTIC book. Two souls, huh? That is original. I can't wait. Ugh September is a long time to wait. Awesome pick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for this either!! Sounds wonderful. Great pick Shirley <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Original & epic?? I don't think there's a more perfect description for this book!! ;) Oh my gosh, Shirley, I'm so excited for this book to come out too! I don't think I've ever heard of a story where the characters have two souls either -- and it sounds AMAZING! Plus, I fall in love with this cover a little more each time I see it! Sweet and simple and definitely eye-catching! :)

    Amazing pick your WOW this week, Shirley!! If only September wasn't so far away! x)

    ReplyDelete
  9. AHHHHHH awesome choice!!! I LOVE this cover sooooooo much...it looks so mysterious!!!!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica@a GREAT read7 September 2012 at 19:08

    Saw this one a few blogs back! Amazing cover!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :) Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section; I appreciate all comments left here!
If you have a blog, I'll be sure to visit it and comment back(I love finding new blogs so feel free to leave a link!)
Thank you & have a nice day