Shiirleyy's Bookshelf has migrated to Dear Shirley ! I will continue to post book reviews but there will also be a lot of personal and travel-related posts :)

Waiting On Wednesday #18

8 Feb 2012

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine , that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Author: Kathleen Peacock
Publisher: HarperCollins
Expected Release Date: May 8th 2012

Mackenzie and Amy were best friends. Until Amy was brutally murdered.

Since then, Mac’s life has been turned upside down. She is being haunted by Amy in her dreams, and an extremist group called the Trackers has come to Mac’s hometown of Hemlock to hunt down Amy’s killer: A white werewolf.

Lupine syndrome—also known as the werewolf virus—is on the rise across the country. Many of the infected try to hide their symptoms, but bloodlust is not easy to control.

Wanting desperately to put an end to her nightmares, Mac decides to investigate Amy’s murder herself. She discovers secrets lurking in the shadows of Hemlock, secrets about Amy’s boyfriend, Jason, her good pal Kyle, and especially her late best friend. Mac is thrown into a maelstrom of violence and betrayal that puts her life at risk.

Kathleen Peacock’s thrilling novel is the first in the Hemlock trilogy, a spellbinding urban fantasy series filled with provocative questions about prejudice, trust, lies, and love.
Just LOOK AT THAT COVER! Isn't it enough to have you swooning after it? And the MURDER MYSTERY! There's nothing better than an enticing and mysterious read :D I'm so jealous of those lucky bloggers who received ARCs of this :S hahaa, looking forward to reading this one <3

What are you waiting on this week?

10 comments:

  1. This one sounds very tempting...love the cover and blurb. Enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this book mentioned and I agree it is one to be waiting on the edge of our seats for! Good choice!!

    Check out my WOW.

    Emma @ Lost in a YA book

    ReplyDelete
  3. New Follower, the cover is beautiful the plot is interesting sounds like a lot of action to be expected my kind of book. Good choice its on my list click on my name to se my picks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually felt for such a long time that I didn't really want to read this one, bu tnow I hear such good things about it that my mind may be changing...so maybe I'll have to give it a chance after all!

    My WoW at Esther's Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh I just traded for this book!!! I am SO EXCITED for it :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG YES. THIS COVER. BLEW MY MIND AWAY. Totally excited for this book as well! I looooveee murder mysteries. There needs to be more of them in YA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had my eye on this one for awhile! It sounds really good and it definitely seems like an interesting take on werewolves :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sarah Catchingbooks7 September 2012 at 19:06

    I am SUPER excited for Hemlock!! I just found out about it a couple days ago but I am so glad I did :)

    Happy reading and check out my waiting on Wednesday!!
    http://sarahcatchingbooks.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-31-story-of-us.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. YES, I AM LOOKING AT THAT COVER. AND I AM LUSTING. BECAUSE I SEE THE PRETTIES! So gorgeous! <3 Super excited for this. Werewolf virus, murder mystery and betrayal? ME WANT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jessica@a GREAT read7 September 2012 at 19:10

    OOoh I LOVE that cover! It's just magnificent!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :) Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section; I appreciate all comments left here!
If you have a blog, I'll be sure to visit it and comment back(I love finding new blogs so feel free to leave a link!)
Thank you & have a nice day