Shiirleyy's Bookshelf has migrated to Dear Shirley ! I will continue to post book reviews but there will also be a lot of personal and travel-related posts :)

Waiting On Wednesday #7

14 Sept 2011

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine , that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
Title: Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1)
Author: Jessica Spotswood 
Publisher: G.P Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
Expected Release Date: February 7th 2012

A Great and Terrible Beauty meets Cassandra Clare in this spellbinding fantasy

Everybody knows Cate Cahill and her sisters are eccentric. Too pretty, too reclusive, and far too educated for their own good. But the truth is even worse: they're witches. And if their secret is discovered by the priests of the Brotherhood, it would mean an asylum, a prison ship—or an early grave.

Before her mother died, Cate promised to protect her sisters. But with only six months left to choose between marriage and the Sisterhood, she might not be able to keep her word . . . especially after she finds her mother's diary, uncovering a secret that could spell her family's destruction. Desperate to find alternatives to their fate, Cate starts scouring banned books and questioning rebellious new friends, all while juggling tea parties, shocking marriage proposals, and a forbidden romance with the completely unsuitable Finn Belastra.

If what her mother wrote is true, the Cahill girls aren't safe. Not from the Brotherhood, the Sisterhood—not even from each other.

*SQUEAL* Gorgeous cover, yes? Not only that, but the blurb sounds really interesting as well! I haven't read many books on witches (unless you count Harry Potter) and the other's I've read weren't that great, so I'm really excited to read this one! I'm so curious to find out what this very destructive secret is! Can't wait for this book to be released!

7 comments:

  1. Yes! The cover is absolutely gorgeous and I LOVE me some witches! Any book or show or.. anything really, that involves witches and I'm instantly hooked. This has potential to be fantastic. And yay cause AU recently got rights to publish it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky @ Stories & Sweeties7 September 2012 at 18:53

    Definitely agree with this pick! I can't wait to get my hands on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous sounding story...and great cover!

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good, amazing cover!!

    Check out my WOW here.

    Emma @ LostinaYAbook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good one. There are so many great debut authors next year.

    My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds intense, great cover.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gasp! I can't believe I haven't heard of this one yet. Witches are my all time favorite paranormal, for sure. And I agree that the cover is gorgeous.

    Here's my WoW, if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :) Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section; I appreciate all comments left here!
If you have a blog, I'll be sure to visit it and comment back(I love finding new blogs so feel free to leave a link!)
Thank you & have a nice day