Shiirleyy's Bookshelf has migrated to Dear Shirley ! I will continue to post book reviews but there will also be a lot of personal and travel-related posts :)

Follow Friday #9 & Book Blogger Hop #6

9 Sept 2011

Follow  Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison can Read!

Q.Have you ever wanted a villain to win at the end of a story? If so, which one??

Haha, I like this question! Don't get me wrong - I love the 'good guys'- but in almost every single book out  there, it's always the good that triumphs over evil. I've wanted to try a book where the villain actually wins, but I've had no luck.(Obviously) So, in Halo by Alexandra Adornetto, I really wanted the bad guys (Jake) to win so that the book would just end already. I did not care for the characters, so I would have been happier if Jake and killed all the angels. Oh and it would've been nice if the main girl had fallen for the bad guy as well, since I just could not tolerate her & Xavier's romance. Urgh. 

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jennifer over at Crazy for Books

“Many of us primarily read one genre of books, with others sprinkled in. If authors stopped writing that genre, what genre would you start reading? Or would you give up reading completely if you couldn’t read that genre anymore?”

I read primarily YA, but I also read other genres - paranormal romance, adult fiction, historical fiction, crime etc. The world would be a very sad place if authors stopped writing YA :(, but I guess I'll still survive. I'll probably just start reading crime fiction again, & Jodi Picoult's books! 


7 comments:

  1. I agree with you on YA. I am really enjoying it so I would be sad if there wasn't anymore! I can always find something to read though.

    Lisa Lisa's World of Books, Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brett_DemonsReadToo7 September 2012 at 18:50

    I bought Halo ages ago, but I still haven't got around to it. And now with our Aussie Hades cover, it's put me off even more. Maybe someday. Thanks for stopping by earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Halo on my pile sitting for awhile now and I dont know if this is the book I would love to read but I want to give it a try. :) Happy friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyy :) Give it a go - it wasn't my cup of tea but I know a few people who really like it! Have a great weekend =D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm into YA too! =) Hopping through!

    New follower,
    April @Books4Juliet
    Friday Hops

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, no problem :) Truthfully, I have no idea which cover's the US & which one's Aussie :S but I most likely won't read Hades anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Old follower here for the hop. I haven't read Halo, but it's in my TBR list, I hope I feel the way as you did.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :) Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section; I appreciate all comments left here!
If you have a blog, I'll be sure to visit it and comment back(I love finding new blogs so feel free to leave a link!)
Thank you & have a nice day