Shiirleyy's Bookshelf has migrated to Dear Shirley ! I will continue to post book reviews but there will also be a lot of personal and travel-related posts :)

Waiting on Wednesday #17

18 Jan 2012

"Waiting On Wednesday" is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine , that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Title: Auracle 
Author: Gina Rosati 
Publisher: Roaring Brook Press
Expected Release Date: August 7th 2012


On the surface, there’s nothing remarkable about Anna Rogan: She gets average grades, she’s not especially fashionable, she spends most of her time just hanging out with her best friend Rei. But Anna does have a remarkable secret: she has the ability to do astral projection. She uses her out-of-body experiences to explore the universe, until one day when there’s an accident at school and her classmate Taylor gets into her body. Now Taylor’s using her new identity to accuse an innocent boy of murder and she shows no signs of leaving Anna’s body. The only person who knows Anna’s secret is Rei, and as her feelings for Rei grow she must face a future where they can never touch...unless they can find a way to get Taylor out of Anna’s body, stop the murder trial, and discover the true nature of Anna’s power.





Right, so usually I don't like books where the main girl falls for her best friend :S (Don't ask me why; I just tend to avoid those books) BUT the whole 'getting into someone else's body' part has convinced me to read it! PLUS there's murder involved! I have this obsession with reading about murder trials :/ (Blame Jodi Picoult!) 
What are you waiting on this week?

11 comments:

  1. Celine @ Forget-me-not7 September 2012 at 19:02

    Ooo!!! Such a pretty cover!!! And the summary sounds very intriguing!!!! I must now run and add this to my TBR!!! Great pick, Shirley! Thanks for making me add another book to my endless TBR!!!!! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehee, my pleasure Celine :D Your growing TBR pile will keep you busy until Golden Lily comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds really interesting and the cover is really pretty as well. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky @ Stories & Sweeties7 September 2012 at 19:02

    LOL, I actually love the books where the girl falls for her best friends--theirs just so much history there, I find it kind of irresistible! I'm definitely looking forward to this one, too---such a stunning cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, thank you so much! 5 months until The Golden Lily. I must hide Bloodlines somewhere hidden to make sure I don't get tempted to start reading it. Muahahaha! By the way, do you know if the author has written another book before? I'm pretty sure I've heard of her somewhere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Pick, sounds like a wonderfull book
    Kyanara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jessica@a GREAT read7 September 2012 at 19:03

    Ooh that looks really cool!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, intriguing...I'm going to have to explore this one a bit. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST – Spin - and here’s
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  9. ASTRAL PROJECTION. I have ALWAYS been fascinated by that, so to see it in a YA book? BRODIE EXCITED. And I like when the girl falls for her best friend IF it's done right.... hopefully this will be the case :) And muuuurrrrrder.... haha you know how to tempt a girl, Shirley. Cannot flipping wait for this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Em @ A Beautiful Madness7 September 2012 at 19:03

    This sounds good. Love the cover. Great pick!
    Em
    My WoW post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it wrong to admit I want this one just because of the gorgeous cover? It's SO. PRETTY.

    Oh, but can I say? Girl falling for best friend? It just seems kind of obvious and hackneyed... and I'm always a little dubious that she's irgnored him for a decade, and suddenly notices that he has boy parts...

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :) Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section; I appreciate all comments left here!
If you have a blog, I'll be sure to visit it and comment back(I love finding new blogs so feel free to leave a link!)
Thank you & have a nice day