Shiirleyy's Bookshelf has migrated to Dear Shirley ! I will continue to post book reviews but there will also be a lot of personal and travel-related posts :)

Waiting On Wednesday

3 Aug 2011

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine , that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Title: Legend 
Author: Marie Lu
Publisher: Penguin
Expected Release Date: 28th November 201 (Aus.) & 29th Nov. (US)

What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias's death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills.

Doesn't the UK/AUS cover look absolutely amazing?!?! The girl (who I assume is June) looks like a kick-ass heroine, I think I'm definitely going to like her! I started reading dystopian fiction this year, and this certainly looks interesting enough to rival The Hunger Games & Inside Out! I'm looking forward to this!
* Oh, and it's being released in the US on my birthday! I think this is going to be an awesome birthday present for me :)

6 comments:

  1. The book trailer makes one look so good! I had to look it up after seeing it on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one book that I'm looking forward to! It sounds awesome.

    Feel free to check out what I'm waiting on this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does sound like a good book, thanks for sharing! She really looks like a kick-ass heroine! :D
    This is My WoW.

    BTW, I'm hosting three giveaways in my blog and two of them are international (the other one is just for Europe), just click HERE and feel free to enter :D

    Hugs,

    Alaiel

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had this on my WoW a few weeks ago. I can't wait for it to come out! Good pick!

    Here is my WoW this week: Pawing Through Books
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shirley, please check out my post. I have a little something for you.

    http://pawingthroughbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/woo-wee-i-got-something.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found your blog on the hop!

    I've not heard of this one, it sounds awesome! Going on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :) Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section; I appreciate all comments left here!
If you have a blog, I'll be sure to visit it and comment back(I love finding new blogs so feel free to leave a link!)
Thank you & have a nice day