This post is looonnnnggg overdue, but I've finally managed to finish answering the questions! I was tagged by the lovely Joy@ Thoughts by J and Jaz @ Fiction in Fiction in Fiction.
1.What are your top three book pet hates?
- An infuriatingly indecisive main character who simultaneously leads on two guys and goes back and forth between them. A character that does that doesn’t deserve either guy. So basically, I can’t stand love triangles.
- Books that haven’t been taken care of e.g. dog-eared, creased and especially when I see someone just shoving a book (even textbooks) in their bags.
- Books with grammatical errors/spelling mistakes (yes a lot of published books have mistakes and it pisses me off. Even an abundance of too-short sentences in a paragraph tends to annoy me.…
2.Describe your perfect reading spot
I read anywhere and everywhere! Dining table, on the living room floor, couch, kitchen counter, bus, train, bed. But I guess my favourite would be in bed where it’s warm and comfortable J
3. Tell us 3 book confessions
- I’m a huge hypocrite with my book pet hates. I say I hate love triangles (AND I DO!!!!!) but sometimes there are love triangles that I can tolerate/accept. I say I hate books centred entirely on romance (AND I DO!!!) but there are certain books that I like which tends to focus more on the romance than plot. I say I think main characters who can’t decide between two guys shouldn’t end up with either one of them, but more likely than not, I’ll still ship her with one of the guys. So yeahhh….
- Romance books are my guilty pleasure. I imagine myself as the female characters and live happily ever after with the ruggedly handsome, astonishingly caring and loving men who would move mountains to be with the girl they love. (i.e. me hahahaa)
- I read a billion books at once…because for some odd reason, ( especially the past few months) I tend to get bored with a lot of the books I start reading, so I'll begin reading another book…then one day I’ll feel like it’s time to resume/finish offthe first book. At the moment, I’ve started Eleanor & Park, The Statistical Probabiltiy of love at First sight, The Geography of You and Me, Take Me On…
4. When was the last time you cried at a book?
I can’t remember O____O For most books that I “cry” in, it’s more I shed a few tears/become slightly teary but I don’t full on cry or bawl my eyes out. The only book that pops into my head is Adeline Yen Mah’s “Falling Leaves” which I read more than 5 years ago….
5. How many books are on your bedside table?
Currently The Statistical Probability of Me and You, The Geography of You and Me, Take Me On, How to Keep a Boy from Kissing You, Down London Road. (And several magazines haha!)
6. What is your favourite snack whilst your reading?
ICE CREAMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!! And Chocolate. Or just food. hahah!
7. Name 3 books you would recommend to everyone
- Harry Potter (all 7 books), because if you haven’t read Harry Potter, we legit cannot be friends.
- The Pact by Jodie Picoult – My mind still wanders to the ending and everything that lead to the heartbreaking truth in The Pact. I suffered a severe book hangover after reading this.
- Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles– I believe deep down, every girl has a soft spot for the typical good-girl-meets-bad-boy book. It’s been overdone; the plot and characters have been recycled a billion times but I strongly believe every girl should read at least one book with this storyline and characters during their lifetime.
8. Show us a picture of your favourite bookshelf on your bookcase
Yes, it's messy, but so is every other shelf and space in my room.
9. Write how much books mean to you in just 3 words
More than ice-cream.
10. What is your biggest reading secret?
Despite having lived in Australia (almost) my entire life….I haven’t read many Aussie books. I’ve never even touched Melina Marchetta’s books, never read Looking for Alibrandi nor Raw Blue, NOT EVEN THE BOOK THIEF or any of those highly regarded and exceptionally awe-inspiring Aussie books that everyone seems to love L
11. Tag 5 people
2. Book Bloggers
3. Anyone who loves books and is willing to answer the above questions
4. Anyone who wants to do this
5. Anyone who has time to do this :)