I'm incredibly excited to be participating in the Australian Blog Tour for Banish by Nicola Marsh, hosted by the fantastic people at Harlequin Teen Australia! Banish is Nicola Marsh's debut YA supernatural thriller and so far, I'm really enjoying it! My review will hopefully be up soon :) As for today, I have an awesome guest post "A Day in the Life of a Wiccan Teen" as well as a giveaway at the end of the post<3
by Nicola Marsh
Published by Harlequin Teen Australia
in August 2013
Alyssa has one week to destroy her enemy, save her spirit... and save her soul.
After her ex-boyfriend commits suicide and her mum’s alcoholism sparks yet another psychotic episode, seventeen-year-old Alyssa Wood flees her small hometown of Broadwater and heads to New York City to stay with her bohemian aunt — a Wicca High Priestess.
Alyssa revels in the anonymity of a big city and her new life. Her grades climb, she has a new best friend, and a new guy: the sexy geek Ronan — a saxophone player who prefers jazz to pop.
But her newfound peace is soon shattered when she sees a dead body in one of Ronan’s music clips — and she’s the only one who can see it. Worse still, Alyssa recognises the body that has been murdered a week forward!
Alyssa doesn’t believe in the supernatural...despite her family’s Wicca background. So how will she overcome evil when it’s closer than she thinks?
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A WICCAN TEEN
Hey, I’m Alyssa, and while my mom is Wiccan, and Aunt Angie (who I’m staying with while I’m in NYC) is a Wiccan High Priestess, I don’t believe.
Here’s how my day goes:
But if I did believe, Aunt Angie said there’s this really cool witch school in NYC and these are the subjects I could do (along with the usual English, algebra, blah, blah, blah):
· Divinatory Arts (including dreams, tarot and runes)
· Wicca (book of shadows, holidays, tools)
· Gods & Goddesses
· Magick (crystals, grimoires, rituals)
· Paganism (law, New Age)
· Psychic Development (meditations)
· Alternative Therapies (herbalism, aromatherapy)
· Spell Casting (basics, specific spells for Ostara, Lammas, Mabon, Samhain, Beltane.)
I admit, I’m fascinated by the symbolism of Wicca and really like some beliefs:
· Do no harm to others
· That our thoughts and words and actions have the power to change stuff around us.
· What you do to others can come back on you times three.
· That everything moves in cycles, like the seasons.
· Do your best to be a positive.
Pretty cool stuff.
Okayyy so liking English and Chem is a strange combination...I can understand if someone likes Eng and History or Chem and Maths, but ENGLISH AND CHEM? O____O
OMGGGGG A boyfriend who's in a band? *faints* Where's my Ronan?!?
I think I'd like to attend this witch school in NYC! So much better than all this accounting crap I have to do in Uni! hahhahaha
Andddd it's GIVEAWAY time!<3
Harlequin Teen Australia has kindly offered ONE print copy of Banish for AUS/NZ residents only and ONE e-copy of Banish for my International readers!
- Leave a comment with a way to contact you :)
- Indicate whether you're AUS/NZ resident or INTL.
- Ends August 2nd 2013
- Tweet/FB/Share this for bonus entries. Leave links in the comments. (Make sure to include @shiirleyyyxxx)
- Winners will have 48 hours to reply.
You can view the Tour Schedule HERE